John Matthew McCann – email@example.com
I’m a passionate developer with a broad skillset & experience with over 13 years in the web & video game industries. I have a strong technical background combined with a natural eye for art & design and have worked professionally in the capacity. I’m a fast learner and can quickly start achieving great results with tools & technologies I’ve never used before.
Torpedo (March 2015 – present)
- Provided continuing support for clients on
Clients: Autodesk, Adobe, Astellas, Agilent, Isis Innovations, Novartis, Suez
Naturalmotion Games / Zynga (July 2013 – March 2015)
- Developed backend services in PHP & MySQL for world leading mobile games scaling to hundreds of thousands of daily active users
- Developed & maintained administrative web applications in PHP & JS
- Set up unit testing & continuous integration framework using PHPUnit & Jenkins.
- Integrated our internal systems with mobile services provided by Apple & Google (Push Notifications, Payments etc.)
Rebellion Developments (Feb 2005 – Aug 2005 & June 2007 – July 2013)
- Wrote server-side game logic in PHP to drive an online social game designed to accommodate hundreds of thousands of players
- Wrote game & interface code in Actionscript3 for a cutting edge 3d browser game
- Wrote VB application for managing & exporting designer-created data from Excel to MySQL and JSON
- As a game designer, created game & level designs for global #1 selling video games.
- Mentored new designers & programmers
Projects: Evil Genius Online (iOS), Sniper Elite: V2 (360, PS3, PC), Evil Genius – WMD (Facebook), Aliens vs. Predator (360, PS3 & PC), Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (PSP), Rogue Trooper (PS2, Xbox, PC, Wii)
Electronic Arts / Criterion Games (Aug 2005 – Mar 2007)
- Designed levels & gameplay for critically acclaimed global #1 selling console game
- Programmed gameplay prototypes in Blitz Basic
Traveller’s Tales (Feb 2002 – Feb 2005)
- Designed & implemented game logic & AI behaviours using in-house programming language
- Designed & built game levels using Maya
- Created artwork using Maya & Photoshop